Best Resources for Learning Chrome Extension Development. A summary.
Due to various complications, the migration of data cannot be done via server-side programmatic means.
Therefore I studied quite a bit on Google Chrome Extension as a viable means to perform this task.
So here's a summary of the articles/resources I have read to get my job done:
If you are a beginner:
- Getting Started with Google Chrome Extensions : http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/getstarted.html
- A nice tutorial by TutorialZine.com : http://tutorialzine.com/2010/06/making-first-chrome-extension/
Useful examples on how to use the APIs
- The official Google Chrome Extension Samples : http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/samples.html
Useful Answers to Various Chrome Extension Development Issues:
- How to send response from Background.html to content script : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5891126/chrome-extension-background-html-sendresponse-to-content-script , and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5475370/message-passing-background-html-content-script
- How to open a tab without popup : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5642116/chrome-extension-open-tab-without-popup
- How to inject content anonymously in Google Chrome : http://www.borderstylo.com/posts/220-anonymous-content-injection-in-google-chrome