CS Project Final Terms
The idea behind this project is to visualize data from Twitter, Facebook and Google Buzz in the form of a TreeMap.
The original version of the project is meant to analyze large data sets. Over 600,000 pieces of data are collected based on the movies that are premiering on 14th January 2011. The version presented on demo day was a simplified version which gathers limited data.
The usage is as follows:
- User inputs topics of interest
- Program searches for topic across Facebook, Twitter and Google Buzz
- Results from 2. is aggregated according to its attributes
- User can select the various attributes he wants to be visualized
- After selecting attributes, the TreeMap is based on the data and attributes collected are shown.
Environment and Tools Used
Click on the above links for download and installation instructions.
Running the project
The instructions for running the project assumes the above mentioned environment and tools.
- Extract the project into a public folder.
- Using terminal change directory into the project folder.
- Execute the following commands:
- python setup.py # this sets up the required databases
- python cs.py # this starts run the project in localhost.
- Navigate to http://localhost:8888/trackers and enter the topics of interest.
- After entering topics of interest, please wait for a short while for the data to be collected. You can look at the terminal for response.
- Once 5. is done, navigate to http://localhost:8888/treemap
- Select on the topics you want to compare, followed by the attributes.
- Click on 'Compare' and you should see the treemap.
- The project [ download ]
- Predicting the future with Social Media [download ]
- Movies : http://www.comingsoon.net/movies.php?year=2011&month=01
- Mining the Social Web