Getting Started with MEAN.io Stack in less than 60 seconds
I had the pleasure to play around with the MEAN.io stack and it feels really easy to get started. I had mean.io up and running within 60 seconds, and i'm sure you can do it too. For those who have no idea what the MEAN stack is, it is akin to the LAMP stack, but MEAN is built upon:
- Express.js ( a framework built on top of Node.js )
Here's how you can get started with MEAN stack in less than 60 seconds:
- Go to http://www.mean.io/ and click on the large green "Download" button.
- Unzip the folder downloaded from step 1.
- Change directory into the root of the folder.
- If you have not installed bower, you can install it using the following command:
npm install -g bower
- Enter this command from your terminal:
- Once everything is installed, you can start the server using:
- If you noticed that the grunt command is not found, than chances are you have not installed grunt. You can install it using this command:
npm install -g grunt
- Now visit: http://localhost:3000
- You are done!
If you happen to see that there are no CSS related stuff loaded, than chances are the /lib folder are not found in the project. If this is the case, you need to run
sudo bower install --allow-root
first. Than, you need to run
again to make sure everything is loaded perfectly.
Now you have completed installation for mean.io.